History & Philosophy
From a farmhouse to a restaurant
The transformation from a simple farmhouse to the restaurant we know today as the Adlisberg can be traced back over decades.
The building was mentioned first in 1675 and was in free possession up to the 19th century. In 1882, after a fire the core construction of today was built as a general perpose building with a residential part, tenn and stable.
In 1894 – 1896 the building war reconstructed – this is the time period in which it became a restaurant. In 1943 the city of Zurich bought the restaurant and with this ensured the conservation and the furtherance of this nature retreat for young and old.
Today the Adlisberg is on the list of landmarked objects. With the restaurant Adlisberg we are commited to the Swiss and Zurich travern culture. Being authentic and likeable, we try to use only agricultural products from the region.